Now that you’ve read SFH Food 2018-02: The Idaho Potato, it’s finally time to make honest-to-goodness, guaranteed-to-be-great “G&G Idaho Fries” the way we do. (Oh, by the way, the G&G brand stands for Granny & Granddad, of course.)
Serving Size: Enough for two people.
- 3 medium size, genuine Idaho potatoes (Remember Lesson Learned 04)
- a little less than 1/4 cup olive oil
- John’s Spice (if you don’t have any, you’ll have to be very creative)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes (we prefer to leave the skins on)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil; wipe off excess with paper towel
- Slice potatoes with slicer (you decide on thin- or thick-sliced )
- Place sliced potatoes in large bowl
- Add olive oil and spices, then mix by hand (make sure paper towels are nearby to wipe your hands)
- Arrange potatoes on a large baking sheet
- Place in preheated oven for at least 30 minutes (check for desired color and crispness)
- Remove from oven and serve – Don’t forget the fry sauce – enjoy!